Zamioculcas Zamiifolia or the ZZ plant is a very easy-going houseplant that is forgiving if you forget to water, tolerates low light and rarely needs to be fertilized. The perfect houseplant.
The ZZ has thick, upright stems bearing narrow, dark-green glossy leaves. A slow-grower indoors, ZZ rarely needs repotting.
ZZ are gorgeous, tough and easy to care for, and enjoy plucking the toxins out from the air - frankly what's not to love!
70-80cm tall 21cm wide pot
90-100cm tall 21cmwide pot
110-125cm tall 24cm pot
Our top tips:
- Pot in a catus mix soil which is fast draining with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water when the top 1" of soil has dried out, drench until water comes out of the bottom then leave to dry again.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth. Dont use leaf shine, it kills ZZs.
- Standard liquid fertilizer can be applied once a month during spring and summer.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.