Cycas plants are primitive living plants with a rugged trunk, topped with beautiful feathery leaves.
Why we love it:
Cycas revoluta is one of the easiest plants to grow, indoors or out, by beginner or expert. Its origins can be traced back to the ancient flora of the early Mesozoic era. Often called "living fossils", Cycads have changed very little in the last 200 million years.
21cm wide pot 70-80cm high
28cm wide pot 100cm high
Happy Plant Guide:
- To get the best from your Cycad you should keep it away from any direct sources of heat.
- Choose a location where it receives bright natural daylight, but avoid direct sunshine through glass as this can burn the leaves.
- Cycads should be kept moist - ensure they never dry out.
- During the summer you will be watering as much as twice a week to maintain the moisture levels, whereas during winter you should water very sparingly.
- Your cycad will love the summer days outside, just watch out for those early or late frosts.