The Peace Lily is a beautiful tropical plant that thrives on the jungle floor where they receive dappled sunlight. They grow in humid climates making it a perfect plant for your bathroom, but they are also adaptable to just about anywhere else in the home.
Why we love it:
We sell the large cultivars at Happy Houseplants, which make for an elegant and impressive houseplant. These are enormous plants that will provide instant impact to any space.
With enough light the Peace Lily will produce an abundance of elegant white flowers in the early summer and continue to bloom throughout the year.
Happy Plant Guide:
- We love clay pots for the Peace Lily that can drain freely and let the roots breath.
- Keep in a bright room out of direct sunlight which can scorch or sunburn leaves.
- Keep in standard indoor temperatures
- Pot in a peat-based soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water every week or when the top 2" of soil has dried out. These guys like it wet.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimick the plants humid natural environment.
- Standard liquid fertiliser can be applied once a month during Spring and Summer.
- Bigger plants will need trellis or support sticks to train it to stand upright.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with a strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring.