Scindapsus Treubii is a very rare aroid usually only traded between botanical gardens. The Happy Houseplants crew have not seen these for sale commercially before in the UK. We have a very limited supply of plants that are well establised and growing well.
Information is very limited in terms of care even on the internet but this is a scindapsus and a vine so will appreciate a moss pole as it matures and will grow in shade.
Our top tips:
- Pot in a rich fast draining soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water when the top 1" of soil has dried out, drench until water comes out of the bottom then leave to dry again.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage regularly using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimic the plants humid natural environment. This guy like humidity.
- Standard liquid fertiliser can be applied once a month during spring and summer.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.
- Direct light will hurt the leaves and then will curl as a way of asking for your help. Move the plant a little away from there window and they will spring open again.