Thaumatophyllum Spruceanum (Philodendron Goedii), is a large and impressive plant that can be very difficult to source in the UK. It's an easy to grow plant and thrives with a bit of neglect. We sell large plants that are 80cm tall.
Thaumatophyllum produces clusters of lrsvrs that form in a spiral or wheel at the end of each stem. this is a very robust easy care plant that is excellent for the beginner eanting to try sopmthing a little unusual.
Our top tips:
- Keep in a bright room out of direct sunlight which can scorch or sunburn leaves.
- Keep in standard indoor temperatures
- Pot in a peat-based soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water every week or when the top 2" of soil has dried out. These guys like it wet.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimick the plants humid natural environment.
- Standard liquid fertiliser can be applied once a month during spring and summer.
- Bigger plants will need trellis or support sticks to train it to stand upright.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring.
You can Keep your plants happy all year round with our own Original Organic Vegan Plant Food.
When it came to developing Happy Houseplant Original Organic Vegan Plant Food, we decided not to tinker with it too much, so you'll find no chemical supplements in this 100% cruelty free product.
Seaweed, harvested sustainably, is its secret sauce with a delicate blend of growth hormones and micronutrients that is perfect for houseplants.If you have been searching for alternatives to blood, bone and other so-called organic fertilisers then our Organic Vegan Plant food is for you and is sold exclusively through our website.
Be a cool cat and switch to cruelty free products. It could not be easier to be nicer to animals and the planet