Umbrella Plants are low-maintenance, easy-to-care-for plant that can, with the right care, grow into a stunning houseplant.
120cm, pot width 27cm
160cm, pot width 34cm
Why we love it:
We stock the large mature trees with wide and unusual twisted trunks because we think they look absolutely stunning and make for a better story. Although Umbrella Plants do well in bright and indirect light, they can also tolerate low light. You will find they grow more slowly and become leggy in medium-to-low light, which is a classic look we love at Happy Houseplants and one that clients of our style service love too!
Happy Plant Guide:
- Pot in a rich fast draining soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water when the top 1" of soil has dried out, drench until water comes out of the bottom then leave to dry again.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage regularly using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimic the plants humid natural environment. This guy likes humidity.
- Standard liquid fertiliser can be applied once a month during Spring and Summer.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with a strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.
- Direct light will hurt the leaves and then will curl as a way of asking for your help. Move the plant a little away from there window and they will spring open again.