The beautiful Monstera Deliciosa is the seminal 70’S plant. Now back in fashion with large specimens of this slow growing plant hard to find, commanding high prices and also features in our beautiful Happy Houseplants Logo.
Originating in Central America it retains its jungle nature indoors with large arial roots and large lobed leaves. Its a tough plants that can cope with low light and neglect.
In the wild it grows vertically attaching itself to tree trunks but indoors will thrive on a moss pole or supported on a indoor wall.
The Monstera will reward some care and attention with an impressive display of huge leaves and a structure that will fill any room. A firm favourite with the Happy Houseplants team and has been used in some of our clients' larger projects.
We have seen plants of this size being sold for over £350 in London this year and in accordance with our mission we just want to spread the love and provide you the best quality Montesera at this bargain price!
We Sell the bush form, which is smaller and wider, or the Tree form which is taller and narrower. Please specify when ordering.
Our top tips:
- We love pots for Monstera that can drain freely and let the air roots breath.
- Keep in a bright room out of direct sunlight which can scorch or sunburn leaves.
- Keep in standard indoor temperatures
- Pot in a peat-based soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water every week or when the top 2" of soil has dried out.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage occasionally using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimick the plants humid natural environment.
- Standard liquid fertilizer can be applied once a month during spring and summer.
- Bigger plants will need trellis or support sticks to train it to stand upright.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every 2 years during Spring.