We have never seen Zeylanica this big before! If you love the green/silver markings and the striking shape of the Sansevieria Zeylanica this is a chance not to be missed!
Commonly known as the Snake Plant, Mother-in-Law's Tongue, and Viper's Bowstring Hemp, among many other things. It is a species of flowering plant in the family Asparagaceae, native to tropical West Africa, from East Nigeria to the Congo.
pot width 40cm
Why we love it:
One of our easiest plants to look after so is a great option for anyone new to houseplants or those who are busy and are seeking easy care plants. Snake Plants thrive from neglect, so only water infrequently and let the soil dry our regularly.
Happy Plant Guide:
- Pot in a sandy fast draining soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water infrequently, less is definitely more.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.
- Direct light will hurt the leaves, it's not a cactus!