We sell only large and impressive mature specimens of Dieffenbachia Amoena, also known by its common name of Dumb Cane.
Why we love it:
The Dumb Cane has beautiful leaves and offers instant impact. It's no surprise that it's such a popular plant, particularly for beginners or those who struggle with plants. The Dumb Cane has an easy going nature, will grow happily in shade or sun and will cope with neglect. If you crave the jungle look, or simply want a stunning green foliage in your home this is superb choice of plant.
pot width 24cm
Important Note: This plant is poisonous and should not be permitted near children or pets. The sap is highly irritating to the skin and any interactions with the plant, which result in sap exposure, should be washed thoroughly.
Happy Plant Guide:
- Pot in a rich fast draining soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water when the top 1" of soil has dried out, drench until water comes out of the bottom then leave to dry again.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage regularly using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimic the plants humid natural environment. This guy like humidity.
- Standard liquid fertiliser can be applied once a month during spring and summer.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.
- Direct light will hurt the leaves and then will curl as a way of asking for your help. Move the plant a little away from there window and they will spring open again.