We sell impressive mature specimens of Dieffenbachia Reflector, a rare variant of the regular Dumb Cane, which creates instant impact.
70cm tall, 17cm pot
80cm tall, 27cm pot
Why we love it:
This is a very popular plant for its easy-going nature and beautiful leaves. It will grow happily in shade or sun and will cope with some neglect. This is a great plant for the beginner or those who struggle with plants.
If you crave the jungle look, or simply want a stunning green foliage in your home this is superb choice.
But remember... this plant is poisonous and should not be permitted near children or pets. The sap is highly irritating to the skin. Any interactions with the plant which result in sap exposure should be washed thoroughly.
Happy Plant Guide:
- Pot in a rich fast draining soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water when the top 1" of soil has dried out, drench until water comes out of the bottom then leave to dry again.
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth.
- Mist the foliage regularly using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimic the plants humid natural environment. This guy likes humidity.
- Standard liquid fertiliser can be applied once a month during spring and summer.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with a strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.
- Direct light will hurt the leaves and then will curl as a way of asking for your help. Move the plant a little away from there window and they will spring open again.
Dumb Cane / Dieffenbachia Reflector 70cm pot 17cm
Can cause difficulty swallowing and be fatal.