The Ficus Benjamina or as it's more commonly known, the Weeping Fig, is a common indoor houseplant. Here at Happy Houseplants we sell the impressive and elegant tree form.
Why we love it:
This is an easy going, versatile houseplant that needs minimal attention and will reward you with something wonderful to look at. No matter what your personal interior design style, you'll find the Weeping Fig complements both traditional and modern.
Happy Plant Guide:
- Pot in a rich fast draining soil with drainage holes at the bottom.
- Water when the top 1" of soil has dried out, drench until water comes out of the bottom then leave to dry again.
- Mist the foliage occasionaly using rainwater in a spray bottle to mimick the plants humid natural environment.
- Standard liquid fertilizer can be applied once a month during Spring and Summer.
- Check foliage for common pests such as aphids and spider mites. Many pests can be removed simply by spraying the plant with strong stream of water. You can also wash the leaves with insecticidal soap.
- Repot every year during Spring. Check the bottom of the pot to see if the roots are growing out of the drainage holes or growing in a dense circle.
- The leaves can drop regularly, it's normal and to be expected. Don't panic and overwater.