Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
ADD A BEAUTIFUL FITTED POT (OPTIONAL)
Embark on a botanical journey of rarity with Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl. As a member of the Commelinaceae family, alongside Tradescantias, it proves to be an exceptional houseplant. Hailing from the lush rainforests of Ecuador, this exquisite plant is celebrated for its unique beauty.
The Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl emerges from the enchanting landscapes of Ecuador, specifically the tropical rainforests characterized by thick humidity and nutrient-rich soil. Flourishing in the low-light jungle environment, this plant unveils a stunning growth pattern in its natural habitat. Its deep purple leaves, adorned with an iridescent sheen, form a compact clump on the rainforest floor.
The growth of Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl serves as a testament to its resilience and adaptability as it contends with the challenges of the rainforest environment. The iridescent sheen on its leaves goes beyond mere aesthetics; it is a crucial feature enabling the plant to capture and reflect the filtered sunlight penetrating the dense rainforest canopy. Discovered in Putumayo, Colombia, by Mr. Kyburz in the 1970s, it was only propagated for the home market in recent years. Learn more from Jane Perrone houseplant blog here.
The scarcity of Midnight Pearl is not only due to its limited geographical range but also reflects the challenges involved in cultivating it for the home market. Despite its exclusivity, this plant is highly sought after, attracting plant enthusiasts and collectors eager to embrace its rarity and allure. Once commanding high prices and dubbed the new must-have houseplant in the New York Times, it is now more affordable and widely available.
Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl features:
- Size: Impressive dimensions of W12cm x H25cm, boasting at least one large leaf and well-rooted mature plants.
- Foliage: Deep purple/black leaves with a pearlescent sheen, contributing to its unique allure.
- Adaptability: Well-suited for indoor environments, thriving in containers or hanging planters. Enjoys a high-humidity environment.
Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl Care Guide:
- Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl Light: Provide bright, indirect sunlight to maintain the health and vibrancy of Midnight Pearl.
- Watering Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl: Keep damp, with a more frequent watering schedule during the growing season.
- Temperature needed for Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl: Keep your Midnight Pearl in a warm environment, with tolerance to temperatures between 65-80°F (18-27°C).
- Feeding Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl: Apply a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer during the growing season for optimal growth. Try our own vegan plant food here
- Repotting Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl: Refresh the soil and provide room for growth by repotting every 2-3 years in a well-draining mix.
Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl Styling Tips:
- Elevate the elegance of Midnight Pearl with earthy tones and rustic containers like ceramic or terracotta pots.
- Showcase its cascading growth in stylish hanging planters for a contemporary touch.
- Combine Midnight Pearl with other exotic plants to create lush and diverse arrangements.
- Highlight its beauty as a focal point in a contemporary, minimalist setting.
- Create captivating glass terrariums to showcase Midnight Pearl's intricate details.
Immerse yourself in the captivating world of houseplants through our Houseplant Blog for inspiration. Whether you're a seasoned plant enthusiast or a beginner in indoor gardening, Happy Houseplants is your trusted partner on the path to cultivating a thriving and captivating indoor garden. Experience the botanical wonders of Geogenanthus ciliatus Midnight Pearl and elevate your space with the allure of rare and extraordinary plants.
Our plants are carefully selected and supplied in plastic nursery pots, ensuring their safety during transportation and allowing you to choose a decorative pot of your preference.